Creating and Deleting a Calendar Exception - Closed Part of the Day
Calendar exceptions allow you to block off certain dates or times within a day, that would regularly fall under your normal hours of operation.
For this example, you are creating an exception where you want to block PART of the day.
To add a calendar exception, use the following steps:
- Log into UNC Online
- Go to 'Schedule & Capacity'
- Click on "Create Exception"
- Enter the name of the exception and select the date(s)
- Select specific times when you will be OPEN by dragging your mouse over those times
- A dialogue box will appear that allows you to determine if you want to make adjustments to your default start times and default capacity type/number of seats
- Click 'Submit' to save specific times, within the date(s), when you will be OPEN
- A confirmation will appear, asking you to either save or cancel
- Click 'Save'
- The calendar exception is now part of your current exceptions and shows unavailable, except for a specific time block when you will be OPEN
- To delete an exception, click on the trashcan icon
- A confirmation will appear, asking you to either delete or cancel
- Click delete to remove the exception from your calendar
- After clicking delete, the exception is no longer part of your current exceptions