The registration window must be open at both the host institution and home institution in order for students to register for courses through the Language Exchange/EMAoL Exchange. However, you can override your registration window for a student.
If the registration window is closed at the other institution, the student must request an override from the other institution too. Please ask the student to submit a help ticket to initiate that process.
The course must be in the student's basket in order for you to override the registration window.
- Students cannot add courses to their basket if a course is full and/or both registration windows are closed.
- Submit a help ticket if you need an admin to add a course to a student's basket.
1. Log into UNC Online.
2. Go to your "Exchange Registration" page.
3. Filter your status search by "In Student Basket".
4. Filter your student search by "Host" or "Home".
5. Enter the student's name or home campus email address in the text search.
6. Click "Search".
7. Click the magnifying glass icon.
8. Click "Give Permission".
After you enter the override, ask the student to attempt the registration process. The student will be able to complete the registration process if the following is true:
- There are available seats for the course.
- The student doesn't have a hold at the host institution and/or home institution.
The registration window is open at the other institution.
- The student may need to request a 'registration window' override from the other institution. If so, please ask the student to submit a help ticket.