The registration window must be open at both the host institution and the home institution in order for students to register for courses through UNC Online. However, you can override your registration for an individual student (the student may need an override from the other institution too).
- The course must be in the student's UNCO basket in order for you to override the registration window.
- Students cannot add courses to their basket if a course is full and/or both registration windows are closed.
- Submit a UNCO help ticket if you need a UNCO admin to specially add a course to a student's basket.
1. Log into UNC Online.
2. Go to your "Exchange Registration" page.
3. Filter your status search by "In Student Basket".
4. Filter your student search by "Host" or "Home".
5. Enter the student's name or home campus email address in the text search.
6. Click "Search".
7. Click the magnifying glass icon.
8. Click "Give Permission".
After you enter the override, ask the student to attempt the UNCO registration process. The student will be able to complete the registration process if the following is true:
- There are available seats for the course.
- The student doesn't have a hold at the host institution and/or home institution.
- The registration window is open at the other institution.
- The student may need to request a 'registration window' override from the other institution.
- If so, please remind the student to submit a UNCO help ticket.