Students are required to acknowledge the following guidelines during the UNC Online registration process:
HOME CAMPUS POLICIES
- The home campus will maintain your primary transcript.
- Your tuition for this course will be billed at the home campus rate.
- The home campus will grant the degree earned.
- Rules of the home campus apply to grade repeat or exclusion.
- The home campus will determine if you are eligible to register.
- The home campus will determine your eligibility for financial aid and will disburse any such aid according to its policies.
HOST CAMPUS POLICIES
- The host campus, upon review of your academic history, may decide to cancel your registration.
- The host campus will provide technical support related to accessing its computer network or learning management system.
- The host campus's calendar will determine all start and end dates as well as break. These may not coincide with the home campus dates.
- You are subject to the academic, university conduct and disciplinary policies at the host campus and the home campus for this course.
- This includes grade changes, grade disputes and academic integrity.
- Dates for withdrawing, adding or dropping a course are determined by the home campus.
- You will initiate withdrawal or drop requests through UNC Online.
- Adds cannot be done through this system once the semester has started.
- It is your responsibility to consult your advisor and ensure that this course will further the completion of your degree and will keep you on track.
- When taking a course from another campus, there is a possibility that your campus will not accept the credit at the conclusion of the course, no matter what grade you receive.
- Grades for UNC Online courses move to your transcript as transfer credit.
- In order to transfer, most schools require the student to attain a minimum grade of C (2.00) in the course.
- All J-1 and F-1 nonimmigrant students must speak with their international student advisor and academic advisor prior to enrolling in a course through UNC Online.
- There may be additional fees associated with online courses for verification of student identity for proctored examinations.