Students are required to review and acknowledge the following guidelines during the EMAoL Exchange/Language Exchange registration process:
HOME CAMPUS POLICIES
- The home campus will maintain your primary transcript.
- Your tuition for this course will be billed at the home campus rate.
- The home campus will grant the degree earned.
- Rules of the home campus apply to grade repeat or exclusion.
- The home campus will determine if you are eligible to register.
- The home campus will determine your eligibility for financial aid and will disburse any such aid according to its policies.
HOST CAMPUS POLICIES
- The host campus, upon review of your academic history, may decide to cancel your registration.
- The host campus will provide technical support related to accessing its computer network or learning management system.
- The host campus's calendar will determine all start and end dates as well as break. These may not coincide with the home campus dates.
- You are subject to the academic, university conduct and disciplinary policies at the host campus and the home campus for this course.
- This includes grade changes, grade disputes and academic integrity.
- Dates for withdrawing, adding or dropping a course are determined by the home campus.
- You will initiate withdrawal or drop requests through the EMAoL Exchange/Language Exchange system.
- Adds cannot be done through this system once the semester has started.
- It is your responsibility to consult your advisor and ensure that this course will further the completion of your degree and will keep you on track.
- When taking a course from another campus, there is a possibility that your campus will not accept the credit at the conclusion of the course, no matter what grade you receive.
- Grades for courses move to your transcript as transfer credit.
- In order to transfer, most schools require the student to attain a minimum grade of C (2.00) in the course.
- All J-1 and F-1 nonimmigrant students must speak with their international student advisor and academic advisor prior to enrolling in a course through the EMAoL Exchange/Language Exchange.
- There may be additional fees associated with online courses for verification of student identity for proctored examinations.
Sharing Student Information
- Student information is shared with the home campus, host campus and UNC System Office to facilitate the cross-registration process.
- The home campus, host campus and UNC System Office agree to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and shall limit access to student information to only those employees or agents with a legitimate educational interest in accessing such information.