How to Schedule an Appt with the WebCam Proctor (Examity)
Please Be Aware: Academic Integrity and Professional Conduct Standards apply for all exam appointments.
If your exam is online, you can schedule an exam appointment with the WebCam Proctor (Examity) or with a face-to-face proctor. The webcam proctor is not available for paper exams or online+paper exams.
Remember to schedule your exam appointment early! Popular testing times do fill up during peak testing days (midterm and final exams periods), but you will always have an opportunity to schedule an appointment during your exam window.
WebCam Proctor (Examity) Scheduling Step-By-Step
- Log into UNC Online
- Schedule Now: You will be directed to your Dashboard. Click on “Schedule Now” to find a proctor for your exam appointment.
- Academic Integrity Statement: Enter your name and click "I Agree" to acknowledge your agreement with the Academic Integrity Statement.
- Select Take Your Exam Via WebCam Proctor (Examity): Click on "Take Your Exam Via WebCam Proctor (Examity)
- Scheduling Details: Before scheduling, review the WebCam Proctor (Examity) scheduling requirements. NOTE: Test Your System, before scheduling.
- Time Zone: Timezone defaults to the time zone of the device being used to schedule the appointment. If necessary, a different time zone can be selected.
- Schedule Appointment: Select a day during your exam window.
- Schedule Appointment: Select a time during your exam window. Click "Schedule."
- Review: Review your appointment. Click "Continue" or "Cancel."
- Payment: Enter your billing and payment information. When complete, click "Review Your Order."
- Buy Now: Review your billing information and proctoring fees. Click "Buy Now."
- Confirmation: Click "OK" to exit the confirmation window. NOTE: You will also receive a confirmation email from Examity.
- Appointment Scheduled: Your UNC Online appointment is scheduled with the WebCam Proctor (Examity).
At the time of your exam appointment, log into UNC Online, and click on "Start Your Exam" within the exam appointment. For more information on How To Start Your Exam - WebCam (Examity) Appointment, click here.
- *Profile Information: The first time you use the WebCam Proctor (Examity), you will be prompted to set up your profile. Your profile is required information that will be used by Examity Proctors to authenticate you for each exam appointment. The required profile information includes:
- A computer requirements check
- Verification of your name, email, phone number, timezone
- Upload of your valid, legible, government issued photo ID
- Three security questions & answers
- Final verification of your name
*NOTE: Students only need to set up their Examity profile information before their first Examity appointment. To learn more, click here.