How to Create an Online Exam
Due to COVID and the subsequent limitation of proctoring resources, the only exams types supported will be online exams.
UNC Online (UNCO) is custom software, created by the UNC System Office, that allows students to schedule a proctored exam appointment with UNCO’s approved, vetted proctors.
To use UNC Online, instructors create their actual exam (i.e., the exam questions) in their university’s LMS (i.e., Canvas, Blackboard, PeopleSoft) and then create a proctored exam in UNCO. The reason:
- UNCO does not have access to the LMS
- Proctors do not have access to the LMS
When instructors create an exam in UNCO, they are actually creating:
- The exam begin and end dates (i.e., exam window) that allow students to schedule an exam appointment during the exam window only
- Exam duration which allows students to schedule exam appts for the length of time you determine it will take them to complete your exam
- Exam instructions that outline your exam requirements (i.e., scrap paper, basic calculator)
For a step-by-step guide on How to Create an Online Exam in UNC Online open the below attachment.