COMING JANUARY 2020!!!
UNC Online is preparing for some exciting changes that will make the proctoring process much smoother for students, instructors and proctors. The changes will take effect in January 2020 in time for the Spring semester.
These changes include a redesigned, simplified user interface. The look will be more streamlined, requiring fewer ‘clicks’ to navigate and use. There will also be several new capabilities for instructors.
A few examples of changes include:
- An instructor dashboard that will provide quick and easy insight into exam and appointment details.
- A streamlined way of adding proctored exams and providing exam materials/passwords.
- A new feature that will allow instructors to set up separate exams for individual students.
- A new feature that will allow instructors to extend the exam duration for individual students with DSS accommodations.
- A new way to prevent students from having issues finding a proctor by: (a) Requiring instructors to set up their exams, at a minimum, 14 days in advance of the exam window opening. (b) Requiring instructors to open their exam window durations for at least 3 days.
- A more cost effective and highly efficient webcam vendor for online exams.
Watch your email for much more information, including previews of the changes, new instructional materials, etc.