How Proctors Return Completed Exams
The method of exam return depends on the exam type.
Online Exam Materials
Students will submit the exam via the Learning Management System (Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, etc...).
Paper-Based Exams Materials
NOTE: If an exam is not returned to the instructor, the instructor must contact the proctor. To learn how to contact the proctor, click here.
Proctors return paper exam materials to instructors by completing one of the following actions:
- The proctor will scan the exam and upload it to UNC Online. This action will permit the instructor to download the exam from their UNC Online account. This is the preferred method of exam return (it creates a strong electronic paper trail for returned paper based exams).
- The proctor will fax the exam to the instructor. The instructor must provide a fax number with the exam details/instructions.
- The proctor will scan the exam and email the exam to the instructor.
Paper exam materials are not returned via snail mail. Proctors are encouraged to keep hard copies of exams for 2-3 weeks and then destroy.
Instructors download completed paper exams by:
- Logging into UNCO
- Navigating to the Exam Roster
- Scroll to the student's exam appointment
- Click on the download exam icon
- In the fly-out, select how you want to download the file(s)
- Select "Close" to close the fly-out