How can I edit my capacity and/or availability?
On occasion, you may want to temporarily adjust your capacity (i.e., the number of students you wish to accommodate) and/or adjust your availability (i.e., change the days/times when you are available to proctor exams).
NOTE: Sometimes a proctor will need to adjust their availability/capacity and override their exam scheduling lead time in order for a student to schedule an exam appointment with them. Editing capacity/availability will not override your exam scheduling lead time. Go to your "Lead Times Override" tab to edit your exam scheduling lead time, if necessary.
In order to edit your capacity and/or availability please use the following steps:
1. Login to UNC Online by visiting http://online.northcarolina.edu
2. Select the "Log In Now" button
3. Select the "Proctors/Helpers or Proctor Applicant" option (located at the bottom of the left column) or, if you're a UNC system employee, your campus
4. Enter your user ID and password
5. Click on "Schedule" then the "Settings"tab
6. To edit capacity for a given day, find that day under "General Availability" and click on the "Edit" icon (i.e., a box with a pencil inside).
7. An "Edit Time Block" window will pop up. Edit as needed. Click on "Edit" when complete. NOTE: Sometimes it is necessary to delete the time (click the trashcan icon) and begin over with the new time. This will not affect current exam appointments.
8. The "Edited" capacity/availability will appear under "General Availability."
9. After editing your capacity/availability as needed, click "Done" to save changes. NOTE: Sometimes it is necessary to delete the time (click the trashcan icon) and begin over with the new time. This will not affect current exam appointments.
10. Once edited you can either (1) leave the newly adjusted capacity/availability or (2) you can re-adjust your capacity/availability after a student has scheduled their exam appointment with you.
NOTE: Sometimes it is necessary to delete the time (click the trashcan icon) and begin over with the new time. This will not affect current exam appointments.
NOTE: Editing the time block will not cancel any other appointments on your exam proctoring schedule. Likewise, adjusting your time block back to its original capacity will not delete any appointments on your exam schedule. If, however, you need to cancel these exam appointments then you will have to do so manually by visiting your "Appointments" tab.