To schedule exam appointments and search for proctors login to UNC Online Exam Proctoring by visiting http://proctors.northcarolina.edu/.
If your exam is paper, online+paper, or offline computer based you must use a face-to-face proctor.
If your exam is online then you can take your exam via webcam.
Exam appointments should be scheduled, at minimum, three weeks in advance.
Please visit the following links to view exam scheduling instructions:
Exam Scheduling Step-By-Step
1. Visit http://proctors.northcarolina.edu
2. Click "Log In Now"
3. Your Campus: Select your campus and click "Login Through Your Campus"
NOTE: do not choose the option “I don’t have a UNC system campus.” That option is not used by students – it’s for exam proctors.
5. Your ID: Enter your campus credentials*
*Your campus credentials are the same user ID and password you use to access your university email account. Do not include the campus domain name in your ID (e.g., if your email address is email@example.com, your UNC Online login ID is jdoe).
6. Schedule Now/Reschedule: You will be directed to your exam page. Click on “Schedule Now” or “Reschedule” to find a proctor for your exam appointment.
7. Search for Proctor: Search for a proctor by clicking on the “Find a Proctor” link.
8. Webcam Option: If your exam is online, the easiest way to set up a proctor is to use webcam proctor option – available 24/7. Simply click on “Schedule appointment with webcam proctor.” https://unconline.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/201337426-Take-Exam-Via-Webcam to learn more about the webcam option.
9. View Requirements: Some proctors require additional steps to schedule an exam appointment with them. You can find a proctor's scheduling requirements by: (1) searching for a proctor at http://proctors.northcarolina.edu/, (2) by selecting the proctor from your favorites list, or (3) by clicking on "View Requirements" for an exam appointment that has already been scheduled in UNC Online Exam Proctoring.
10. Greyed-Out Proctors: When you open each exam scheduling page, proctors you have used before will be listed under the “Select a Proctor” field. Please NOTE: if you ever see one of your favorite proctors greyed-out then that means the proctor cannot be used for the exam appointment your are trying to schedule. Mouse over the greyed-out area a message will pop up explaining why they aren’t available.