How to Schedule an Exam Appointment
If your exam is online then you can take your exam via the new WebCam Proctor (Examity) or you can use a face-to-face proctor.
If your exam is online+paper or paper then you must use a face-to-face proctor.
Exam Scheduling Step-By-Step
- Log into UNC Online
- Schedule Now: You will be directed to your Dashboard. Click on “Schedule Now” to find a proctor for your exam appointment.
- Academic Integrity Statement: Enter your name and click "I Agree" to acknowledge your agreement with the Academic Integrity Statement.
- Struck-Through Proctors: When you open your exam scheduling page, proctors you have used before will be listed under "Select from Favorites."
NOTE: If one of your favorite proctors is struck-through that means the proctor cannot be used for the exam appointment your are trying to schedule. To learn why, click here.
- Search for Proctor: Search for a proctor by clicking on “Add New." You can search by location or email.
NOTE: With increased availability, minimal wait times, and lower proctoring fees, Examity is the new WebCam Proctor for UNC Online (only available for online exams).
- Select a Proctor: Once you find a proctor, click on the "Calendar" icon beside the proctor's name.
- Scheduling Details: Before scheduling, review the proctor's scheduling requirements. NOTE: Some proctors require students to contact them to request and confirm an exam appointment BEFORE scheduling exam appointment in UNC Online.
- Propose Appointment or Schedule Appointment with Proctor: Select a date and time during your exam window. Click "Propose Appointment" or "Schedule," depending on how the proctor has set up their UNCO schedule.
- Propose Appointment: Most proctors require students to "Propose" appointments with them, allowing the proctor to review availability before either "accepting" or "rejecting" the proposed appointment. This is helpful for proctors, since the majority are proctoring for more than UNC Online students.
- Exam Scheduling Page: After selecting "Propose Appointment," you will be routed back to your exam scheduling page. Both your dashboard and scheduling details will indicate the appointment as "Proposed."
- Alert Sent to Proctor: When students propose an exam appointment with a proctor, it triggers a system-generated message that is sent to the proctor. That message alerts the proctor to the fact that a student has "Proposed" an exam appointment and asks the proctor to log into UNC Online in order to either "Accept" or "Reject" the "Proposed" appointment.
- Contact Proctor: After 24 hours, if the proctor has not "Accepted" or "Rejected" your "Proposed" appointment, follow up with the proctor directly. To learn how to find your proctor's contact details, click here.
- Proctor "Accepts" or Rejects" your "Proposed" Appointment: Once the proctor takes action on your proposed appointment, you will be able to see that action both on your dashboard as well as in your scheduling details.
NOTE: If your "Proposed" appointment was rejected then begin the exam scheduling process again by selecting one of the proctors in your Favorite's List or by searching for a new proctor.
- Schedule Appointment: Only a few proctors allow students to schedule exam appointments automatically, meaning without having to propose an appointment first. You will be able to tell if your proctor allows students to schedule exam appointments automatically, if you see "Schedule" instead of "Propose Appointment," after you select a date and time. Once you click "Schedule," the appointment will appears as "Scheduled" on both your dashboard as well as in your scheduling details.
NOTE: This type of appointment scheduling is used by very few proctors, mainly those proctoring only for UNC Online students (e.g., ECU Proctoring Center).