Some students are permitted extended time for their exams. Please contact the Department of Disability Support Services on your campus if you have questions regarding a student's eligibility for extended time.
Several UNC system Disability Support Services departments are approved, private UNC Online proctoring sites. Please email us at email@example.com to confirm which campuses provide this service.
Currently, there is not a feature that permits instructors to extend exam durations through UNC Online. Students and faculty members must complete the following steps to accommodate extended time:
- Log into UNC Online (http://proctors.northcarolina.edu)
- Select the “Schedule” icon for the exam
- Search for proctors
- Email the proctor to request an appointment (include information about the exam window, your preferred testing date/time and exam duration in the message)
- Copy the faculty member on the message to the proctor (the faculty member will need to confirm the amount of extended time with the proctor)
- After the proctor confirms the date/time (including the extended time)
- Schedule the appointment via UNC Online
- The extended time will not be represented via UNC Online
- Two business days prior to the appointment, call or email the proctor to confirm that he or she received confirmation from the faculty member regarding the extended time
- Email the proctor to confirm the amount of extended time
- Remind the proctor that the student must schedule the appointment through UNC Online and that the extended time will not be represented through UNC Online
- If the exam is online, ensure that the student is permitted extended time via the LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc...)
- Check your UNC Online "Class Roster" tab to confirm that the student scheduled their appointment through UNC Online