Make-Up Exam for Individual Student: Taking Exam After Original Exam Window
Faculty can extend the exam window for an individual student, who needs to take a make-up exam (an exam that occurs after the original exam window) by completing the following steps:
1. Login to http://proctors.northcarolina.edu
2. Click on "My Courses"
3. Select the "Extend Date" icon (located in the "Actions" column of the exam details)
4. A pop-up box will appear. Select "Individual Student"
5. Select the student from the drop down menu
6. Select the "Extension End Date" and "Extension End Time"
7. Click "Create Individual Extension"
8. Important: If the exam is online, remember to extend the exam window via your university's Learning Management System (Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, etc...)
Early Exam For Individual Student - Taking Exam Before Original Exam Window
Faculty cannot extend the exam window for an individual student, who needs to take the exam early.
If an individual student needs to take an exam early the faculty member is responsible for manually coordinating the appointment with the student and proctor by following these steps:
- Search for a proctor at http://online.northcarolina.edu/exams/find.php
- Email the proctor to request an exam appointment outside the UNC Online Exam Proctoring System (include instructor on the message)
- Complete any additional paperwork required by the proctor
- Two business days prior to the appointment, call or email the proctor to confirm that they received the exam materials from the faculty
- Confirm the proctor's email address at http://online.northcarolina.edu/exams/verify.php
- Email the exam materials and your emergency contact information to the proctor three business days prior to the student's exam appointment. NOTE: Do not include the student on this email message
- If the exam is online, remember to extend the exam window via your university's Learning Management System (Blackboard, Moodle, etc...)