Click here to determine if you're eligible to register for courses through UNC Online.
Clear here to learn when eligible students can register for courses through UNC Online.
1. UNC Online shall not be responsible for confirming whether a UNC Online course will further the completion of your degree program. Before registering for a course through UNC Online, meet with your advisor to confirm how/if the course will count toward your degree program. Please don't skip this important step.
2. Visit https://courses.northcarolina.edu/.
3. Click "Login" (upper right corner).
4. Select your home campus (left column).
Note: Your home campus is the campus in which you are primarily enrolled in and pay tuition to.
5. Enter you campus credentials.
Note: The same user ID and password you use to access your university email account.
6. Click "Search".
Note: You can filter your search by keyword, term, campus, subject, delivery and level.
7. Click the twist down arrow to view details and availability for a course. If the course is available for registration, and you want to register for it, click the "Register Now" button.
Note: Click the "Add to Basket" button if you want to save the course for later (seats are not saved for courses in your basket).
Note: The start date for the course is included in the details. Pay close attention to the start date (it might be different than the start date for your home campus).
8. Complete the four registration steps: "1. Initiate", "2. Terms & Policies", "3. Campus Validations" and "4. Register".
Note: Your home campus may require you to enter a registration PIN number in step one. Click here for more details.
Note: If you have a hold at your home campus, host campus or UNC Online it will be listed in step three. Click here for more details.
9. After you complete the registration process, the course will be included on your "My Registered Courses" page and an automated message will be sent to your home campus email account. The message will include your host campus ID number and instructions for accessing the course through your host campus account (you must log into your host campus account to participate in the course).
Note: Always log into UNC Online with your home campus credentials to view your "My Registered Courses" page (it includes your registration status, important dates, instructor's contact information and a drop/withdraw option).
Note: Submit a UNC Online help ticket if you have questions about the UNC Online registration process and/or accessing your course.