Click here to determine if you're eligible to register for courses through the Language Exchange.
Clear here to to determine if you're eligible to register for courses through the EMAoL Exchange.
1. The EMAoL Exchange/Language Exchange shall not be responsible for confirming whether a course will further the completion of your degree program. Before registering for a course, meet with your advisor to confirm how/if the course will count toward your degree program. Please don't skip this important step.
2. Visit https://online.northcarolina.edu/.
3. Click Language Exchange Courses or EMAoL Exchange Courses.
4. Click "Login" (upper right corner).
4. Select your home institution (left column).
Note: Your home institution is the institution in which you are primarily enrolled in and pay tuition to.
5. Enter you home institution credentials.
Note: The same user ID and password you use to access your home institution email account.
6. Search for courses.
Note: You can filter your search by field of study, exchanges, degree level, term (semester), delivery and campus.
7. Click the twist down arrow to view details and availability for a course. If the course is available for registration, and you want to register for it, click the "Register Now" button.
Note: Click the "Add to Basket" button if you want to save the course for later (seats are not saved for courses in your basket).
Note: The start date for the course is included in the details. Pay close attention to the start date (it might be different than the start date for your home institution).
8. Complete the four registration steps: "1. Initiate", "2. Terms & Policies", "3. Campus Validations" and "4. Register".
Note: Your home institution may require you to enter a registration PIN number in step one. Click here for more details.
Note: If you have a hold at your home institution, host institution or the EMAoL Exchange/Language Exchange it will be listed in step three. Click here for more details.
9. After you complete the registration process, the course will be included on your "My Registered Courses" page and an automated message will be sent to your home institution email account. The message will include your host institution ID number and instructions for accessing the course.
Note: Always log into the EMAoL Exchange/Language Exchange with your home institution credentials to view your "My Registered Courses" page (it includes your registration status, important dates, instructor's contact information and a drop/withdraw option).
Submit a EMAoL Exchange/Language Exchange help ticket if you have questions about the registration process and/or accessing your course.