How to Ensure Exam Security
Syllabus Template: Include the Syllabus Template language created by UNC Online and discuss in class.
Close and Constant Exam Supervision: Close and constant exam supervision is a type of exam proctoring whereby the proctor monitors a student’s exam appointment from beginning to end, at the exclusion of any other activity.
- If instructors require "Close and Constant Supervision" for their exams in UNC Online, then that ensures the highest level of exam security and to ensure the proctors available are ones who can monitor the exam appointment from beginning to end, at the exclusion of any other activity.
- Over 60% of UNC Online approved proctors offer close and constant supervision.
- Close and constant supervision can be used for all three (3) types of UNC Online exams: online, online + paper, and paper.
- Proctors who can provide this level of exam security often charge a proctoring fee.
- Students are likely going to complain about proctoring fees. However, when students register for UNC Online courses, an alert about proctoring fees is posted by the campus - this is a Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) requirement. For example, ECU students see the following message when they register for UNC Online courses: There may be additional fees associated with Distance Education courses for verification of student identity for proctored examinations.