- Courses intended for exchange communities must be manually added to exchange communities by Language Exchange managers/coordinators.
- Generally, managers/coordinators can add courses to exchange communities two weeks prior to registration. They should contact the Office of the Registrar if courses are not available two weeks prior to registration.
- Managers/coordinators must have CRNs (Course Registration Number) to add courses. They should contact the Office of the Registrar if they need assistance finding/confirming CRNs.
- Coordinators/managers must contact the Office of the Registrar if a course is not coded as videoconference or online delivery. The registrar can opt to make the course available to the Language Exchange (they may need to recode the course) and permit the coordinator/manager to add the course to their exchange community.
- Visit https://online.northcarolina.edu/unconline/exdetails.php.
- Click "Login" (located on the upper right corner).
- Select your campus.
- Enter your campus credentials.
2. Click "Exchange Admin"*.
*If you're a registrar, click the "Exchange" option listed under your "Admin Menu" (located on the left side of your admin page).
3. Click "Exchange". Select your exchange community and term.
4. Enter CRNs (separate multiple CRNs by commas), select the campus and click "Search".
5. Click the arrows to select courses. After you select your courses, click the "Add Sections" box (located under "Add Sections") and the "Save" button.
6. Visit the Language Exchange (https://online.northcarolina.edu/unconline/exchange.php) to double-check that you successfully added the courses.
**Note: Appalachian State University Language Exchange Administrators**
The ASU Office of the Registrar request that you add the following information on SZASECT:
Please remember to add this information on SZASECT using the "Online" tab. You will need to indicate that you would like to publish this course to UNC Online and how many seats that you would like reserved for UNC Online students. We run a report periodically to pull this information. Regarding the video conference all courses are defaulted through UNC Online as VC. I believe that you will need to work with someone on campus to verify that a video conference room is available. Once the information is loaded to SZASECT I will publish to UNC Online and update the reserve seating rules.